TV Series Like Big Shot
If you're looking for TV series similar to Big Shot, look no further than the best comedy shows on TV. Here we bring you a list of top similar shows to watch on Disney+ and other networks, all with the same taste!
About Big Shot
"Big Shot" centers around Marvyn Korn (Stamos) after he is ousted from his position as head coach for an NCAA basketball team. He is given a chance at redemption with a coaching position at Westbrook, an elite private high school for girls and soon learns that the teenage players require empathy and vulnerability - foreign concepts for the stoic Coach Korn. By learning to connect with his players and his daughter, Marvyn starts to grow into the person he's always hoped to be. The girls learn to take themselves more seriously, finding their footing both on and off the court.
Series regulars include John Stamos, Jessalyn Gilsig, Richard Robichaux, Sophia Mitri Schloss, Nell Verlaque, Tiana Le, Monique Green, Tisha Eve Custodio, Cricket Wampler and Yvette Nicole Brown.
Disney+ greenlighted season 2 of the basketball dramedy, "Big Shot," led by John Stamos in a stand-out performance. Created by David E. Kelley ("Big Little Lies"), Dean Lorey ("My Wife and Kids) and Brad Garrett ("Single Parents") and executive-produced by Kelley, Lorey, Garrett and Bill D'Elia ("Chicago Hope"). The second season will resume production in 2022. Dean Lorey will return as showrunner. The Disney Branded Television series is produced by ABC Signature.
Give it a 5 star rating below!
|Show Name||Big Shot|
|Genres||Comedy Drama Sport|
Shows Like Big Shot
If you enjoyed watching Big Shot, you will also love watching those shows!
After being kicked out from the Mighty Ducks junior hockey team, Evan decides to form a new hockey team of underdogs with the help of the Ducks' original coach, Gordon Bombay.
In a small Texas town, popular teen Kate, is abducted. Seemingly unrelated, a girl named Jeanette goes from being a sweet, awkward outsider to the most popular girl in town, but by 1995 she has become the most-despised person in America.
The next generation of business moguls will compete for a chance to be second-in-command to business tycoon and Skinnygirl founder Frankel, and win a coveted position working on her executive team.
Songwriters Sara and Pierce navigate the challenges of creating new compositions for pop stars.
Royalties is a take on the oft-untold story of songwriters behind the world's biggest hits. It follows ragtag songwriting duo Sara and Pierce as they navigate the strange and hilarious challenges of creating great songs for insane artists.
Annie "Rebel" Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She is a funny, messy, brilliant, and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in; she will win at almost any cost.
Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie "Rebel" Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She's a funny, messy, brilliant, and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in; she will win at almost any cost.
The series stars Katey Sagal as Annie "Rebel" Bello, John Corbett as Grady Bello, James Lesure as Benji, Lex Scott Davis as Cassidy, Tamala Jones as Lana, Ariela Barer as Ziggie, Kevin Zegers as Nate, Sam Palladio as Luke and Andy Garcia as Cruz.
You May Also Like
SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES, from Emmy and Golden Globe(R) nominee Issa Rae, gives an honest and unique look into what it means to be young, Black, and in constant pursuit of one's dreams in the heart of South Los Angeles. The series follows a group of ambitious childhood friends showcasing their relatable, authentic and sometimes stumbling mid-20s moments as they embrace the joy and struggles of adulthood, navigating love and family, and building their careers as tastemakers in the city where they grew up.
The first three episodes of the nine-episode series debut THURSDAY, AUGUST 19 on HBO Max, followed by three additional episodes on August 26, leading up to the final three episodes on September 2. A reunion special will launch on September 9. From Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Issa Rae, SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES gives a unique look at what it means to be young, Black, ambitious, and in constant pursuit of one's dreams. Exploring themes of loyalty, legacy, and love, this coming-of-age series follows a group of long-time friends in South Los Angeles as they navigate the relatable, chaotic, mid-20s moments at the quarter-life mark and propel each other into adulthood success.
The enterprising and charismatic core cast is comprised of Amanda Scott, a PR consultant whose determination to build generational wealth manifests in purchasing her first home, Briana Jones, a medical account specialist who's eager to embrace singlehood and start her own skincare business, Cheryl Des Vignes, a budding fashion designer; marketing specialist Jerrold Smith II, Cheryl's high school sweetheart, both of whom are negotiating the next phase of their relationship while leveling up with their respective careers; Jordan Bentley, a fashion CEO from View Park whose on-again-off-again flirtation with Briana is, in a word, complicated; P'Jae Compton, a music manager who's laser-focused on taking his artists to the next level, but less clear-eyed when it comes to romantic pursuits and Tylynn Burns, an event planner who brings an ethos of Black Excellence to her work, and whose level-headed nature often finds her playing peacemaker. More information on the cast is below.
SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES is produced by HOORAE; Main Event Media, an All3Media America Company; and Morning Dew Pictures. Issa Rae, Montrel McKay, Jimmy Fox, Sheri Maroufkhani, Leola Westbrook and Sun de Graaf serve as executive producers. Rajah Ahmed and Pyongson "Sunny" Yim serve as co-executive producers. Sara Rastogi and Ashley Calloway serve as producers.
About the SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES cast:
· Amanda Scott: Scott is a 25-year-old, PR professional and social media maven born and raised in Inglewood, CA. She currently works in the financial services industry in Communications. As a natural storyteller, she is passionate about telling stories about Black culture, business and entrepreneurship, especially in South Los Angeles, and is laying the foundation to start her own Public Relations company. Scott is also a new real estate investor and entrepreneur. With her catchphrase, "Buy Black the Block," she is dedicated to buying properties in Black communities and is striving to reach a personal goal of 100 doors.
· Briana Jones: Jones is 26 years old, born and raised in Kalamazoo, MI and moved to Los Angeles in 2018. Jones currently works in the healthcare field, but is actively working on building her own brand. Motivated by her pride in skincare, she created an organic body butter line called "Buttrd By Bri." Jones is the newest member of the friend group, in the process of adjusting to life in Los Angeles.
· Cheryl Des Vignes: Des Vignes is a 26-year-old fashion designer and artist from Watts, CA. Having worked for some of the industry's most well-known brands, Des Vignes created her own clothing brand called "Des Vignes". With "Des Vignes" on the rise, Des Vignes is dedicated to growing her brand as an advocate for body positivity and sustainable fashion. Des Vignes also regularly mentors young women of color in her community.
· Jerrold Smith II: Smith is a 25-year-old Los Angeles native, former Division-1 UCLA Basketball athlete, content creator, actor, host, model, and current Entertainment Marketing Specialist at Westbrook, Inc. He has been featured in several major brand and product campaigns for the likes of Nike, Adidas, and more, as well as print and online publications such as Sports Illustrated and ESPN. He also created and hosts the "Basketball Adjacent Podcast" on the BLEAV Podcast Network, which he uses to amplify stories and opportunities about life after and outside of sports.
· Jordan Bentley: Bentley is a 24-year-old Founder & CEO of Los Angeles-based streetwear brand, Hypland(R). From a home-based clothing brand, he started as a teen, to a fully operational, multi-million-dollar corporation, Hypland(R) is on the fast track to becoming one of the fastest growing streetwear brands owned and operated by a Black male. For Bentley, Hypland(R) is just the beginning of his entrepreneurial pursuits and serves as a vehicle to inspire more young people and show them it is possible to capitalize on your hobbies and turn them into opportunities to enter the world of business ownership.
· P'Jae Compton: Compton is a 27-year-old entrepreneur hailing from South Central Los Angeles. His upbringing in Los Angeles molded his interminable hustle for success. He is continuously building his empire and expanding his career in the music industry, artist management, fashion, modeling, and as a social media influencer. Compton is the co-owner of the recently launched Los Angeles based record label, "Lost Sound." In 2019, he was awarded by the Los Angeles Dodgers as a "Community Hero".
· Tylynn Burns: Burns is a 26-year-old Los Angeles native and currently serves as the Founder and Director of Operations of "House Party Creative," a self-started and managed, event series agency. With a personal passion for uniting people and creating unique experiences, Burns' mission with House Party Creative is to curate spaces for Black and Brown creatives, entrepreneurs, and influencers to connect, ideate, network, and most importantly, have fun. She founded #RealBlackGiveback and Real Black Greatness during Juneteenth 2021 to continue House Party Creative's philanthropic efforts.
Starring up and coming comedic talent, this round is played for laughs as well as always having a nugget of real information about the topic be it ice cream, tree climbing or toy design. Next our kid contestant plays the main round where they question an expert who's paired with a really good liar on the same topic. It's up to our kid to find the fibber. There are visual clues, fascinating props, a hot seat round of rapid fire questions and various topics, including jellyfish, venom and killer plants.
The show culminates with the expert and liar standing under the Fib Foam machine to await their fate. If our kid chooses correctly, the liar gets foamed. The Big Fib is full of outrageous truths that sound like lies and audacious lies that sound like the truth.
The Baker and the Beauty is an American romantic comedy-drama television series developed by Dean Georgaris that premiered on ABC on April 13, 2020. The series is an adaptation of the Israeli romantic-comedy series Beauty and the Baker. The original version ranks as one of the highest-rated scripted series ever in Israel, and its episodes have been streamed on Amazon Prime Video. The American version is being developed and executive produced by Dean Georgaris, Becky Hartman Edwards, David Frankel, Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Peter Traugott, Assi Azar and Rachel Kaplan for Universal Television.